Potential of this game

Star Wars Battlefront discussion.
JEDIKILLER23

Potential of this game

Post by JEDIKILLER23 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:01 pm

Last night was the first time I finally played this game on the Xbox. This game is not bad at all and I prefer it over Battlefield Hardline. I can barely see playing Hardline (doesn't help with a small TV). I'm shocked that MLG, ESL, and some other competitive sites haven't picked up on this game. This was mentioned a few times about being on ESports. This has potential for some serious cash tournaments. ESL has battlefield, but doesn't have SWBF

What do you guys think?

Nyr0-no-name
PSN ID: Nyr0-no-name

Re: Potential of this game

Post by Nyr0-no-name » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:25 pm

JEDIKILLER23 wrote:Last night was the first time I finally played this game on the Xbox. This game is not bad at all and I prefer it over Battlefield Hardline. I can barely see playing Hardline (doesn't help with a small TV). I'm shocked that MLG, ESL, and some other competitive sites haven't picked up on this game. This was mentioned a few times about being on ESports. This has potential for some serious cash tournaments. ESL has battlefield, but doesn't have SWBF

What do you guys think?

Won't happen. There are some underground prize tournaments going on but that's about it. Problem is Battlefront is a niche game and by the time the last DLC comes around all that will be left is Star Wars fans and not serious FPS players. The populations have already cut in half and the game has only been out about 5 months. The private match system is very buggy also.

On a more uplifting not 90% of the CS members I have talked to are not interested in competitive play so this effects us little to none. Everyone is getting old and as you get old you don't have time to practice. MLG players practice 4-5 days a week or more (I was a LoL player for curse gaming for 2 years) and no one our age has that time. That is why most MLG gamers are under 30 and a huge majority are under 25.

JEDIKILLER23

Re: Potential of this game

Post by JEDIKILLER23 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:54 pm

That is true with MLG players. I'm good buddies with JwhoJcash and the BuK brothers (BuK 57 and BuK 20). They game constantly all day everyday. The BuK bros are big time in Halo playing in UK tournaments all the time. Once you graduate from college, things change. I do enjoy watching them play.

I barely pick up the system and play nowadays. It's a lot different compared to the college days. With work, working out, classes, Sports on TV, and it being summer, I won't turn the system on much.

Honestly, I put the blame on DICE..again for poor marketing. They are trying to keep up with COD, but they are failing on ladders. The only way to get a swbf tournament going is on Sonicarmy.com. FIzzo puts a lot of time on his site and hopefully the community is competitive on there.